Matus Electric & Power Tools Warranty Procedure
Terms and Conditions
Our Power & electrical tools are thoroughly checked, tested and are subject to a stringent Quality Assurance Policy
Matus prides itself on supplying high-quality products and power tools to the market. While all products are manufactured to the highest standard, from time to time they do experience breakdowns that require repairs. Matus covers all Matus exclusive products against manufacturing defects for 12 months from the date of purchase. Our warranty doesn’t cover damage caused by accidents, unauthorized modifications, or product abuse. To have your product assessed and repaired, please return it to the retailer with your proof of purchase within the warranty period.
Matus has 3 service repair centres (Johannesburg, Durban, and Cape Town) that are equipped with highly skilled and experienced technicians. Using their sole discretion, Matus will repair or replace any part that is proven to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period applicable. We guarantee our service and repairs, including replacement parts, for 90 days or the remaining term of your Matus warranty coverage, whichever is longer.
Below is a list of Brands that are covered under the Matus Warranty
|HIKOKI POWER TOOLS
The following brands are distributed by Matus however the warranty is carried by the original manufacture and therefore will need to be sent back to their repair centers.
|LIFE TIME WARRANTY
|BLACK AND DECKER
|GENTECH (Generators only)
Exclusions to the limited warranty:
- Neglect in the periodic maintenance as specified in the owner’s manual
- Improper repairs or maintenance including any repairs and or maintenance carried out by non-accredited service agents.
- Operating methods other than those indicated in the owner’s manual.
- Defects in materials or workmanship or damages result from repairs or alterations which have been made or attempted by others or the unauthorised use of nonconforming parts.
- The damage is due to normal wear and tear.
- The damage is due to abuse (including overloading of the Product beyond capacity), improper maintenance, neglect or accident.
- The damage is due to use of the Product after partial failure, use with improper accessories or non-compliance with operating instructions.
- The damage is due to slight deviations from specification that do not affect tool function or value.
- The use of non-genuine parts and or accessories other than those supplied by an accredited service agent.
- Normal wear and tear and consumable parts include but are not limited to the fading of painted or plated surfaces, carbon brushes, and switches, accessories, wheels, oil, grease, and fuel.
- Overloading, incorrect installation, an incorrect application which results in damage of tools or parts thereof.
- Damages caused by flooding, fire, lightning and other acts of God are not covered.
Matus disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose, and all other warranties. In no event shall Matus be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or for any costs, legal fees, expenses, losses or delays alleged to be as a consequence of any damage to, failure of, or defect in any product including, but not limited to, any claims for loss of profits.
All products are subject to the Sales of Goods Act 1930 and as such it remains the responsibility of the retailer to service the consumer, not the manufacture.
Johannesburg - 011 681 9440
Durban - 031 580 3400
Cape Town – 021 486 2200